ni

Daniel Radcliffe to narrate first chapter of Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone in new series

David Beckham, Dakota Fanning and Eddie Redmayne will also narrate chapters of the first book




ni

Under-fire cruise Carnival pledges to follow official rules on cruises

Cruise company Carnival on Tuesday promised to follow social distancing measures on restarted cruises amid mounting questions over its handling of the coronavirus crisis.




ni

Connell's chain: Normal People's protagonist has kicked off a major men's jewellery trend

Don't pretend you didn't notice it: that whisper-thin necklace glinting against Connell's chest




ni

Warburtons reveals recipe for its iconic crumpets

Long weekend breakfast, sorted




ni

A definitive guide to the books and literary references in Normal People

In a story about the challenges of communication, the characters in Normal People often find solace in reading




ni

Women's running hats: should you wear a hat while working out?

Work up a sweat while protecting your locks




ni

Having a laugh: is this the end for clowning?

The massive popularity of horror films like Joker and It have been a real downer for happy, family clowns. Mark Wilding hears how the entertainers are fighting back

In the corner of Matthew Indge’s kitchen is a photograph of the entertainer Kerby Drill. For many years, Drill was both a clown and a comic voice of authority. He toured the nation’s schools and appeared on television shows, often promoting road safety, until he passed away last year, aged 97. Indge describes him as his “clown hero”, but he recognises that Drill represents a very different era of clowning. “The truth is,” Indge says, “these days, I don’t know if kids are going to listen to a clown saying be careful on the road.”

Indge has been clowning for 32 years, since he was eight years old. In a way that wasn’t necessary for Drill, Indge must now take steps to prove to his audiences that he doesn’t represent a dark and sinister threat. When we meet, he’s preparing for a performance as Zaz the Clown at a five-year-old’s birthday party, and “just to save me any problems,” he says, “I’ll make up in front of the kids” – an attempt to provide reassurance that there’s a benign performer behind the mask.

Continue reading...




ni

Kojo Anim review – BGT star on fame, faith and fatherhood

Fairfield Halls, London
In his show Taxi Tour, the comic from last year’s Britain’s Got Talent offers only standard-issue middle-aged standup

Kojo Anim was a star of the black standup circuit for years, but “Britain’s Got Talent changed my life,” he tells his Croydon crowd. The Londoner has booked his Taxi Tour off the back of an appearance in last year’s final, and recounts how that brush with fame – and his Christian faith, and new fatherhood – picked him back up after a grim period in his life. The emotional honesty is refreshing, but plays only a cameo role in an otherwise unadventurous show. Anim certainly does have talent, but – on this evidence – it’s for performing, not for writing distinctive material.

The show opens with a justification for appearing on BGT, and an account of his experience of overnight celebrity. But it soon devolves into standard issue middle-aged standup comparing his unglamorous childhood with that of today’s pampered youth. His parents play their expected role, giving their son broad accents to mimic when not walloping him for the slightest impertinence. “Only an African parent,” reports our host ruefully, “will beat their own child when they see another child doing something.”

Continue reading...





ni

The Big Night In review – telethon triumphs over the lockdown

BBC One’s star-filled charity appeal needed imagination and technical skill to get round distancing rules

Socially distanced presenters, a skeleton crew, no live audience and automated phonelines only – this is national telethonning, lockdown-style. Comic Relief and Children in Need have joined forces to create The Big Night In on BBC One and raise money for the charities and projects who need more support than ever as Covid-19 strains resources everywhere.

First shift is taken, as is traditional, by Lenny Henry and Davina McCall – joined, not too closely of course, by Matt Baker this time – whose recreation of normality for the viewer in what must, in the studio, be an absolutely bizarre set-up is unimpeachable proof of their professional talents.

Continue reading...





ni

‘Romancing SaGa Re;Universe’ Pre-Orders Are Now Live on the App Store Revealing the Release Date for iOS and Android

Last year, Square Enix brought two SaGa games to the west on PC, console, and mobile platforms. Romancing SaGa Re;universe …






ni

US death projection doubles in leading model as Dr Fauci warns against opening too soon




ni

Venezuela: Two US citizens arrested after beach invasion aimed at capturing Nicolas Maduro, says regime




ni

Tuesday morning news briefing: More than half of adults paid by the state in coronavirus lockdown




ni

New Nightingale hospital in Sunderland could become coronavirus rehab centre




ni

Tuesday evening news briefing: UK's official death toll becomes Europe's largest




ni

Wednesday morning news briefing: Top scientific adviser quits after meeting lover in lockdown





ni

Thursday morning news briefing: Boris Johnson's route out of lockdown




ni

Clap For Our Carers: what time is the NHS applause tonight?






ni

VE Day 2020: Britons celebrate 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day




ni

Canada’s major record companies announce support for Unison Benevolent Fund

April 29th, 2020, Toronto: In response to the impact on the lives of artists and their teams caused by COVID-19, Canada’s major record companies, Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Universal Music Canada and Warner Music Canada have announced direct financial support for the Unison Benevolent Fund, Canada’s leading music community support program. Unison is a non-profit, […]

The post Canada’s major record companies announce support for Unison Benevolent Fund appeared first on Music Canada.



  • Industry News
  • News Release
  • Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
  • Unison Benevolent Fund
  • Universal Music Canada
  • Warner Music Canada

ni

U.S. late-night hosts slam President Trump for mocking ratings amid Covid-19 pandemic

Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert have criticised President Trump for not concentrating on helping Americans during the coronavirus pandemic.




ni

Beanie Feldstein worked in a shop to nail accent for How to Build a Girl

The Booksmart actress was concerned that she wasn't a good fit for the British-based story.




ni

Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt to reunite for Ball and Chain

The Big Sick writer Emily V. Gordon is penning the script.




ni

Jennifer Aniston resorting to watching laundry spin on lockdown

Aniston also took a moment to mark America's National Nurses Day.




ni

Sebastian Stan felt 'exposed' improvising scenes for Endings, Beginnings

Sebastian Stan appears opposite Shailene Woodley and Jamie Dornan in the new film.




ni

Donald Glover reuniting with Community cast for virtual table read

Donald Glover will be joined by castmates including Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Alison Brie, and Ken Jeong.




ni

Bruce Willis has reunited with his wife but is still quarantining with former spouse Demi Moore

The 'Die Hard' actor has been in Idaho with the 'Ghost' actress and their children, Rumer, 31, Scout, 28, and Talluhah, 26, for the past




ni

4 better titles Australia could award now it got rid of knights and dames

On Monday, Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced he had removed the titles of "knights" and "dames" from the Order of Australia, a formal award system that honours those who provide a great service to Australia.

The two archaic titles were only brought back last year in a controversial move by former prime minister Tony Abbott. In a decision that made many question Abbott's leadership, the first knighthood was awarded to Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh — a man who has only been to Australia a handful of times.

"“http://mashable.com/2015/10/26/drone-video-australia-travel/#Ubqu1cvD18qK"" is not a valid see-also reference Read more...

More about Australia, Funny, Us World, Lists, and Tony Abbott




ni

Australia's ex-prime minister buys second-hand fridge, turns out to be super chill

Selling a fridge would normally be a straightforward affair — money is exchanged, the other person gets the appliance.

For Emily Hastings and her husband Emmanuel it turned into a photo opportunity, when Australia's former prime minister Tony Abbott turned up to their Sydney home to buy their three-year-old Daewoo refrigerator

More about Australia, Watercooler, Tony Abbott, Australian Politics, and No Lead Image Template




ni

Terrorists may soon be detained indefinitely in Australia

The Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has proposed legislation that would allow for convicted terrorists to be held indefinitely in prison if considered a threat.

The proposed changes to legislation would allow convicted terrorists to be detained in jails for an infinite amount of time, regardless of their sentence length. While Turnbull said the changes were about promoting and ensuring community safety in a time of heightened uncertainty, the proposal has been criticised on the basis of civil rights.

Australia has no Charter of Human Rights which would require the Parliament or the courts to consider whether counter-terrorism laws comply with human rights principles. Without this charter, the Australian Government can operate in a legal grey area. Read more...

More about Australia, Terrorism, Australian Politics, Terrorist Threats, and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull




ni

Nintendo is running low on time to show NX to the public

With nine months until its planned release, where is Nintendo's next console?




ni

Jadon Sancho, Jack Grealish or James Maddison: Who should Manchester United prioritise this summer?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United rebuild looks set to continue whenever the transfer window does eventually open.




ni

Manchester United's Harry Maguire to supply a food packages to elderly residents in hometown of Mosborough

Manchester United defender Harry Maguire has offered to supply "food packages of everyday essentials" to the elderly in his hometown of Mosborough in South Yorkshire.




ni

Bruno Fernandes: Cristiano Ronaldo changed my perception of Manchester United

Bruno Fernandes has revealed his perception of Manchester United changed when Cristiano Ronaldo joined the club.




ni

Barcelona star Lionel Messi denies paying Ronaldinho bail money and dismisses Inter Milan transfer talk

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has taken to Instagram to dismiss a report claiming he will sign for Inter Milan in the summer... and that he paid bail money to get former teammate Ronaldinho out of prison.




ni

Manchester United star Juan Mata invites NHS worker and her family to Old Trafford when football resumes

Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata has invited a local NHS worker and her family to a match at Old Trafford once football resumes.




ni

Jadon Sancho labelled a 'great player' by Manchester United's Juan Mata as transfer speculation intensifies

Juan Mata believes Jadon Sancho is a "great player" as Manchester United continue to be linked with the winger.




ni

Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: 'Agent' Marcus Rashford strikes again in £120m transfer battle

Marcus Rashford has been leading Manchester United's charm offensive to bring Jadon Sancho to Old Trafford - and he will have another chance tonight.




ni

Norman Hunter, Leeds United legend and ex-England international, in hospital after testing positive for coronavirus

Leeds United legend and one of England's 1966 World Cup winners Norman Hunter has been admitted to hospital after testing positive for coronavirus.




ni

Goals recreated: Dele Alli's stunning volley for Tottenham against Crystal Palace

With all elite football on pause for the foreseeable, now is the perfect time to dust off those boots and give it a go yourself.




ni

Manchester United working through transfer shortlist including Kane and Haaland before making Ighalo decision

Manchester United are yet to offer Odion Ighalo a permanent deal with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer undecided over his plans to sign a striker this summer.




ni

Manchester United transfer targets: Every striker on their summer shortlist revealed

Manchester United have four key strikers on their summer transfer shortlist, Standard Sport understands.




ni

Manchester United should keep Alexis Sanchez after coronavirus pandemic, says Paul Merson

Former Arsenal man Paul Merson believes football's coronavirus shutdown may end up giving Alexis Sanchez a second chance at Manchester United.