da

4 better titles Australia could award now it got rid of knights and dames

On Monday, Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced he had removed the titles of "knights" and "dames" from the Order of Australia, a formal award system that honours those who provide a great service to Australia.

The two archaic titles were only brought back last year in a controversial move by former prime minister Tony Abbott. In a decision that made many question Abbott's leadership, the first knighthood was awarded to Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh — a man who has only been to Australia a handful of times.

"“http://mashable.com/2015/10/26/drone-video-australia-travel/#Ubqu1cvD18qK"" is not a valid see-also reference Read more...

More about Australia, Funny, Us World, Lists, and Tony Abbott




da

Digital game sales data just got a little less opaque

Major publishers working with NPD to share their download numbers.




da

Tesla posts bigger-than-expected loss, bigger-than-expected revenue [Updated]

Company expects to be cash flow positive in the next two quarters.




da

Liverpool youngster Neco Williams singles out Adam Lallana as key influence at Melwood

Neco Williams has revealed how Adam Lallana has played a major role in helping him adapt to the demands of training regularly with Liverpool's first team.




da

Coronavirus sport news LIVE: Kenny Dalglish tests positive for Covid-19, West Ham players defer part of wages

Welcome to the Evening Standard's LIVE coverage as the coronavirus crisis continues to heavily impact sport across the globe.




da

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish tests positive for coronavirus and remains in hospital showing no symptoms

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has tested positive for Covid-19 but does not currently have any symptoms of the virus.




da

Liverpool winger Xherdan Shaqiri opens up on helping Takumi Minamino settle into life at Anfield

Xherdan Shaqiri has revealed that he is part of a group of German-speaking players helping Takumi Minamino settle into life at Liverpool.




da

Ronaldo: David Beckham 'one of the best of all time' - the only Englishman who could have played for Brazil

Brazil and Real Madrid legend Ronaldo has hailed former team-mate David Beckham as "one of the best of all time".




da

Sir Kenny Dalglish's family thank fans for 'humbling' support after Liverpool hero tests positive for Covid-19

The family of Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish have thanked football fans around the world for their messages of support after the 69-year-old was diagnosed with coronavirus.




da

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish released from hospital and hails NHS staff as they battle coronavirus

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has praised the efforts of NHS staff across the UK after being released from hospital following a positive coronavirus diagnosis.




da

Coronavirus sport news LIVE: International Champions Cup cancelled, Kenny Dalglish tests positive for Covid-19

Welcome to the Evening Standard's LIVE coverage as the coronavirus crisis continues to heavily impact sport across the globe.




da

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish expresses 'immense gratitude' to NHS and urges people to stay home

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has reiterated his "immense gratitude" to the NHS following his release from hospital and urged people to stay at home during the coronavirus pandemic.




da

Jack Grealish has sights set on Manchester United move, says former Aston Villa striker Darren Bent

Aston Villa star Jack Grealish has "got his eye" on a summer transfer to Manchester United, according to Darren Bent.




da

Barcelona face 'economic bankruptcy and moral decay' amid board chaos, says presidential candidate Victor Font

Barcelona presidential candidate Victor Font believes the Catalan club could face "economic bankruptcy and moral decay" under the current board.




da

Coronavirus sport news LIVE: Kenny Dalglish released from hospital, Real Sociedad scrap training plans

Welcome to the Evening Standard's LIVE coverage as the coronavirus crisis continues to heavily impact sport across the globe.




da

Wembley Stadium could 'host four Premier League games a day' to finish season after coronavirus

Premier League games could be hosted at Wembley Stadium in a bid to conclude the season, according to reports.




da

Jurgen Klopp reveals Liverpool squad shock at Kenny Dalglish coronavirus diagnosis – 'One of us has it'

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed the impact that club legend Sir Kenny Dalglish being diagnosed with coronavirus had on him and his players.




da

Luka Jovic is in a 'sort of crisis' at Real Madrid, says Serbia team-mate Aleksandar Mitrovic

Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic says Serbia team-mate Luka Jovic is in crisis at Real Madrid.




da

Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool eye Mbappe deal, Aubameyang update, Chelsea want Mertens; Man Utd, Arsenal gossip

Welcome to the Evening Standard's live blog covering the latest transfer news and rumours from the Premier League and beyond.




da

Graeme Souness hits back at Paul Pogba as feud continues: 'Put your medals on the table!'

Graeme Souness landed the latest blow in his feud with Manchester United star Paul Pogba as he declared: "Put your medals on the table!"




da

Tottenham defender Ben Davies caring for elderly neighbour during lockdown: 'He didn't know I play for Spurs!'

Tottenham defender Ben Davies has revealed how he has been keeping busy during the coronavirus shutdown by helping care for an elderly neighbour.




da

Graeme Souness vs Paul Pogba: Who wins the medals row between Manchester United star and Liverpool legend?

Paul Pogba vs Graeme Souness is the feud that keeps on giving after the two exchanged barbs again on Tuesday.




da

Tottenham defender Ben Davies hails impact of 'dream manager' Jose Mourinho

Tottenham defender Ben Davies has described Jose Mourinho as a "dream manager" and says his arrival at the club gave everyone a lift.




da

David Moyes predicts tight turnaround for West Ham squad when football season resumes

West Ham manager David Moyes says he does not expect to have any more than three weeks to work with his players before the season resumes.




da

Former Manchester United boss David Moyes reveals the three big signings he missed out on at Old Trafford

Former Manchester United boss David Moyes has revealed the three big name transfer targets he missed out on while in charge at Old Trafford.




da

On This Day: Paul Gascoigne's FA Cup free-kick beats Ryan Giggs' Arsenal wonder goal and Danny Rose's rocket

April 14 is a date blessed with an abundance of spectacular football goals, with three particularly notable efforts coming against Arsenal - but which did one did Twitter pick as the best strike?




da

Phil Foden ready to replace Man City star David Silva, insists Bernardo Silva

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva insists team-mate Phil Foden is destined for greatness, assuring that opportunities will come for the youngster.




da

David Luiz hails 'amazing' Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta: He has turned me into a leader

David Luiz has hailed the impact of Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta since his return to the club, with the Spaniard having pulled the entire club together.




da

How the West Ham medical department is working every day to keep Hammers squad fit for Premier League restart

West Ham's medical department have relished the challenge of keeping the squad fit and motivated during the lockdown and has hailed the commitment of the players.




da

Kai Havertz puts Manchester United and Liverpool on alert with latest transfer update

Kai Havertz is open to leaving Germany amid transfer interest from Manchester United, along with links to a host of other top European clubs.




da

Juventus confirm Blaise Matuidi and Daniele Rugani have recovered from coronavirus

Juventus have confirmed both Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi have recovered from coronavirus and are no longer subject to the Italian home isolation regime.




da

Jurgen Klopp, Kenny Dalglish and Jordan Henderson lead Liverpool tributes on Hillsborough anniversary

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, club captain Jordan Henderson and Reds legend Sir Kenny Dalglish have all issued messages to those affected by the Hillsborough disaster on the 31st anniversary of the tragedy.




da

Transfer news LIVE: Werner to Liverpool update, Arsenal in Disasi talks, Man Utd eye Koulibaly; Chelsea gossip

Welcome to the Evening Standard's live blog covering the latest transfer news and rumours from the Premier League and beyond.




da

Steven Gerrard: 'Selfless' Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson a role model for young kids

Jordan Henderson has been hailed as a 'role model' by Steven Gerrard for helping coordinate a Premier League-wide response to the coronavirus pandemic.




da

Philippe Coutinho to Chelsea: Barcelona coach Quique Setien delivers transfer update

Barcelona coach Quique Setien believes Philippe Coutinho is a 'great player' and says he is 'counting on' the 27-year-old for next season.




da

Manchester United target Dayot Upamecano advised to stay at RB Leipzig amid transfer links

German legend Lothar Matthaus has advised Dayot Upamecano to remain at RB Leipzig despite significant interest from a plethora of European giants.




da

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish applauds NHS during 'Clap for our Carers' as he recovers from coronavirus

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish joined the nation in Thursday's weekly 'Clap for our Carers' to show his appreciation and support for the NHS.




da

Transfer news LIVE: Sancho, Grealish to Man Utd latest; Coutinho to Chelsea update; Arsenal, Liverpool rumours

Welcome to the Evening Standard's live blog covering the latest transfer news and rumours from the Premier League and beyond.




da

Premier League clubs meet again today with proposal to conclude season by June 30 set to put on the table

Premier League clubs will hold another online meeting again today with a proposal expected to put on the table for the 2019-20 season to be finished by June 30.




da

Premier League games 'behind closed doors' could still need 500 people in attendance, warns Karen Brady

West Ham chief executive Karen Brady has cast doubt over the Premier League being able to resume its season behind closed doors, warning that up to 500 people will need to be in attendance on matchdays even if fans are banned.




da

David Beckham among 50 stars in Fifa campaign to thank healthcare workers fighting pandemic

Former England captain David Beckham was joined by some of the greatest players of all-time, including Pele and Diego Maradona, in a Fifa campaign to show appreciation for key workers leading the global fight against the coronavirus pandemic.




da

Coronavirus Sport news LIVE: Chelsea 'in talks over 10 per cent wage cut', Premier League June 8 restart date

Welcome to the Evening Standard's LIVE coverage as the coronavirus crisis continues to heavily impact sport across the globe.




da

Danish club FC Midtjylland setting up drive-in theatres for fans to watch behind closed doors games

A Danish club have come up with a novel way to allow fans to watch games together when football returns behind closed doors – by setting up drive-in screenings.




da

New Manchester United kit: 'Leaked' Adidas shirt for 2020/21 called 'horrendous' and likened to train seat

Manchester United fans seem far from pleased with what, according to a 'leaked' picture on social media, will be their new home strip for next season.




da

Former Liverpool transfer chief Damien Comolli raises fears about football restart – 'What if a player dies?'

Former Tottenham and Liverpool director Damien Comolli has raised fears over the safety of players if football returns behind closed doors during the coronavirus pandemic, asking: 'What happens if someone dies?'




da

Tottenham must be 'very cautious' in transfer market, says former director of football Damien Comolli

Tottenham will have to be cautious in the transfer market with the financial impact of coronavirus compounding restrictions already in place thanks to the debt owed on their stadium, former director of football Damien Comolli has warned.




da

How major Roy Keane decision launched the career of Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson's journey to the summit of European football could have been halted at the very first step were it not for Roy Keane, former Sunderland coach Ricky Sbragia has revealed.




da

Champions League new fixture dates 'set to be confirmed by Uefa' for August

Champions League dates for the remainder of the European calendar are set to be confirmed by Uefa, according to reports in Italy.




da

Uefa meeting today: Update expected on plans to finish the 2019-20 football season

Uefa will hold a video conference call today where there will discuss updated plans to conclude the 2019-20 football season amid the coronavirus pandemic.




da

Bruno Fernandes tipped to be 'Manchester United's Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva'

Bruno Fernandes can be Manchester United's Kevin De Bruyne or David Silva, according to Paul Merson.